Cet article est également disponible en : French
If you are a frequent Instagram user, there are bound to have stumbled across one of those colourful pictures of açai bowls, beautifully arranged with the most delicious natural ingredients found on Earth. Find out what makes the açai bowl such a big breakfast hit, and why it is absolutely perfect for runners! We will even share a recipe for you to try making one yourself.
Well, Smart Runners, it’s time to switch up the routine, and drop your usual morning breakfast for these bright luxury bowls! Açai bowls are packed with everything you need to start the day on the right foot: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, carbohydrates, proteins… You can vary your toppings every day, and your breakfast will never be boring again!
Try the açai bowl just after your morning run, or one hour before you go running for a boost of healthy energy.
The açai bowl is a combination of a thick smoothie and delicious toppings. Just like this one:
Isn’t it gorgeous?
How to make your own açai bowl…
– 1 banana,
– 1 glass of frozen raspberries,
– 1/2 glass of blueberries (optional),
– 1/2 glass of almond milk,
– 2 teaspoons açai powder.
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Don’t over-blend, or your smoothie will be too runny. You want to eat this with a spoon.
For the toppings, try to vary the ingredients and colours, according to your cravings and the seasons! Try to always have at least one ingredient in each of the following categories:
– fruits: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, slices of bananas, kiwis, mango, pineapple…
– nuts: hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts…
– seeds: chia, hemp, flaxseeds, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower…
– other superfoods: goji berries, bee pollen, raw cocoa powder…
– other (optional): desiccated coconut, oats, cocoa flakes, peanut butter…
So what do you think, are you giving it a try? If you make your own açai bowl, post your picture in the comments section below, or tag @runnincity on Instagram. We can’t wait to see your creations!